We use a range of strategies and evidence based therapies to guide our practice. We recognise the importance of practice-based evidence. This means we blend both research and practical skills to guide us in our psychological practice.
We each have areas of interest and devote professional development time to improving our skills and knowledge in these areas. See our team page for more detail.
|Practitioner||Areas of Expertise|
|Couples, intimacy, parenting and clinical supervision|
|Couples, anxiety and depression|
|Experience working with children, teens, and adults|
|Anna is on maternity leave until mid 2022|
Even though we have different areas of interest we each have experience treating:
- Depression and mood disorders
- Panic attacks and anxiety
- Stress reduction
- Relationship and intimacy issues
- Parenting concerns
- Interpersonal issues
- Health and weight loss issues
- Personal growth and self-esteem
- Grief and loss counselling
- Addictions review and referral
- Health and ageing issues
- Career and workplace issues
Janet is a board approved supervisor for psychology registrars and offers clinical supervision to colleagues and allied health professionals.
The treatment approaches we use include:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Couple Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Rational Emotive Therapy
- Schema Focused Therapy
- Evidence Based Treatments
along with a variety of therapeutic tools.